Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Preschool and California

As a preschool teacher, I'm privy to all sorts of personal family tidbits from my little darlings. Note to parents of preschoolers.... befriend your child's preschool teacher because she probably has some serious dirt on you thanks to your child. When they are not inadvertently spilling family secrets they often say funny things that sometimes ring true.



Overheard at the lunch table today:

Boy Number One to boy number two : " You know the devil is real!!"

Boy number two: " Yeah I know and he lives in California !! "



Hmmmm.... It seems my friend follows California politics....

While the prince of darkness has a pretty firm grip on some of California, a large portion of The Golden State still allow their values to shine. Case in point, Ms. California. Whether you agree with her stance on gay marriage or not, you have to give her credit for standing up for her beliefs. Instead of taking the easy way out and giving a politically correct, audience appeasing answer, she gave her honest heartfelt opinion. An opinion that may have cost her the crown. All because she adhered to her beliefs.

Last November when the majority of California voters voted in favor of Prop 8 protecting the sanctity of marriage, it was branded as discriminatory and narrow-minded. Again, because the majority of voters adhered to their beliefs.

There is a saying that states " As California goes, so goes the nation". If there is any truth to this, I pray that the Californians that are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in will continue to stay true to their values. They cannot afford to let their guard down because after all, the devil is real and he lives in California.

5 comments:

Savannah said...

I think I watched the hannity interview with ms. california 3 times last night! haha I love how she stood up for her faith and hope that this attention she is getting goes the right way!

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey! I can finally post on your blog! I enjoy reading yours so much I made my own.

http://expertofnone.blogspot.com/

fair-n-blonde said...

So true! As a native-Southern-Californian-transplanted-to-Texas, I can state firmly that there are plenty of traditional, values- and faith-based people out there. Unfortunately, the riffraff has always been louder. Not for long, though--if the Tea Parties there were any indication, Californians have had way more than their fill.

Ms. California makes me proud to call her a homegirl. ;)

fair-n-blonde said...

Oh, and I should add that when I first enrolled Edward in preschool a couple years ago, I was terrified of what odd thing might come out of his mouth...as far as I know, he never said anything potentially embarrassing! Now, in kindergarten, he just goes around telling everyone that you have to have Jesus in your heart and Barack Obama is a Marxist.

SarahJarnagin said...

Good post! I agree wholeheartedly. I feel bad for Miss California and how terrible she is being treated for telling the truth! Poor thing!